Student Employment Services
Working while you’re in college is a great way to help keep loan debt minimal and gain real work experience. Research suggests that many students successfully balance a full-time enrollment status and working on a part-time basis. You may find that you become more effective at managing your time as you fit your work schedule into classes, studying, and other obligations.
EKU’s Student Employment Program offers students unique job opportunities, such as working at Meadowbrook farms or with facilities services. All student jobs start at the Federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour.
Work Study Program
The Student Employment Services Program provides wages, in return for service, to assist you in achieving your goal of earning a college degree.
Eligible students are also eligible for Federal Work Study.
The work program at Eastern Kentucky University has three purposes:
- It provides employment for those eligible, enabling you to earn a portion of your expenses while pursuing a college education.
- It is a part of the educational process whereby you can acquire marketable skills.
- It provides academically related work experience, which may have vocational value in post-college years.
Student Applicant Links
Hiring Official & Supervisor Resources
- SWAN Login
- Student Employment Guide Handbook - 2018 Update
- Student Employee Wage Calculator (Example to use with compensation guide in Handbook)
- 2018 Hiring Official Update PowerPoint Slides (Electronic SWAN System)
- NEW OES Student Hiring Steps
- Posting Student and GA Requisitions PowerPoint Slides (New OES) Updated 4/27/2018
- Student Employment Forms
- FAQ: Hiring Official