Student Employment Services
Working while you’re in college is a great way to help keep loan debt minimal and gain real work experience. Research suggests that many students successfully balance a full-time enrollment status and working on a part-time basis. You may find that you become more effective at managing your time as you fit your work schedule into classes, studying, and other obligations.
EKU’s Student Employment Program offers students unique job opportunities, such as working at Meadowbrook farms or with facilities services. All student jobs start at the Federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour.
Work Study Program
The Student Employment Work-Study Program provides wages, in return for service, to assist you in achieving your goal of earning a college degree.
The work program at Eastern Kentucky University has three purposes:
- It provides employment for those eligible, enabling you to earn a portion of your expenses while pursuing a college education.
- It is a part of the educational process whereby you can acquire marketable skills.
- It provides academically related work experience, which may have vocational value in post-college years.
Student Applicant Links
PENGUIN is the Pogatshnik EmploymeNt for Graduate and Undergraduate Information Network. It is an electronic system used to process all student employment positions.
PENGUIN Training Materials
- Student Work-Study: Creating a New Job & Job Renewal
- Student Job Editing & Job Canceling/Termination
Hiring Official & Supervisor Resources
- Student Employment Flowchart - New Hire
- Student Employment Flowchart - Renewal
- Web Time Entry Approval Training - for Student Supervisors
- Student Employment Guide
- Interview Questions Do's and Don'ts
- Candidate Evaluation Form
- OES Student Hiring Steps
- Posting Student and GA Requisitions (PPT) Updated 12/3/2019
- Student Employment Forms
- FAQ: Hiring Official