Eastern Kentucky University has a desire and a legal and educational obligation to provide equal access to University resources, coursework, programs, and activities as well as employment opportunities for all qualified individuals.
If you need access or accommodations at work because of a disability or special situation, EKU Human Resources is happy to work with you. Individuals with disabilities are entitled to access, support and when appropriate, reasonable accommodations. Human Resources provides employees with information, services, reasonable accommodations, and resources to support the ongoing development of an accessible university that embraces diversity.
What is a Reasonable Accommodation?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job or the work environment that will enable a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to participate in the application process or to perform essential job functions without creating an undue hardship on the university.
Reasonable Accommodations Process
- Determine eligibility for job accommodations by evaluating employees request for accommodation as well as disability documentation.
- Determine essential job functions by reviewing the most recent job description and confirming with employee’s supervisor and/or department/unit head.
- Determine the individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Discuss reasonable accommodation with the employee.
- Discuss reasonable accommodation with the employee’s supervisor and/or department/unit head.
- Identify and document the reasonable accommodation agreed upon by vested parties.
- Establishing Reasonable Accommodations Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)/Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act Compliance Regulation and Appeal Procedures Policy
- Student Accessibility, Academic Accommodations and Interpreter Information
HR Benefits Office
859.266.5094 Option 5