Skip to main content

Leaves of Absence

Family Medical Leave Act

In general, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that provides up to 12 weeks unpaid, job-protected leave to employees for certain family and medical reasons. Kentucky State Government also offers enhanced Family Medical Leave (FML) benefits in some areas. 

To be eligible for family and medical leave, an employee must have:

  1. Completed at least twelve months of state service; and 
  2. Worked or been on paid leave for at least 1,250 hours in the twelve months immediately preceding the first day of family and medical leave.    

► Complete this Leave Webform to begin the process

Military Leave

An employee is entitled to time off at full pay for certain types of active or inactive duty in the National Guard or as a Reserve of the Armed Forces.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/