Eastern Kentucky University offers a variety of savings and investment opportunities to assist with retirement planning. Benefitted employees are required to participate in one of the following retirement plans. Plan participation depends upon employment category.
Click here for more information about Supplemental Retirement Options.
Click here to view the recent Retirement Plan Enhancements Presentation (Fall 2019)
Kentucky Employees Retirement System (KERS)
- Does not require certification or a 4 year college degree
- Allows experience to substitute for a college degree
Visit KERS Website | (800) 928-4646
Kentucky Teachers Retirement System (KTRS)
- Requires either certification or graduation from a 4-year college or university
Visit KTRS Website | 1-800-618-1687
Optional Retirement Program (ORP) and Voluntary Supplemental Retirement Options
- TIAA CREF - Open an account
- AIG (Formerly Valic) - Open an account
AIG (Formerly Valic) Fund List
Retirement Plan Provider Comparison Chart
For more information about enrolling in an ORP retirement plan, please contact the EKU Benefits office at 859-622-5094 Option 5