How to Apply for Student Jobs
First, you need to determine your funding eligibility. It will be either Federal Work-Study and/or Institutional Work-Study, or Graduate Assistantship.
Work-Study, call Financial Aid at 622-2361 or Human Resources at 622-5094.
Graduate Assistantship, call the Graduate School 622-1744.
- Go to the EKU Online Job Site to begin searching for open positions. Select the desired "Employment Type" to narrow your search.
- Click the Position Title to view more details.
- Apply online. Enter your name and email address and click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page when you find a position you are interested in. You will then be prompted to create a profile.
- Ask questions. Any questions about specific jobs may be sent to the listed “Contact Person” on the job posting.
You Got the Job! What is next?
- Upon being selected for a position, the first step is to complete a background check (if needed). If you have not worked for EKU in the last year (12 months), you will need to complete a background check.
- If you do need a background check, you will receive an email from HireRight to complete your background information; and once the background check is completed, you will receive an email from HR on the next steps.
- If you do not need a background check (have worked at EKU in the past 12 months), your supervisor will contact you once your position has been approved by HR to begin training for your new position.
- After your background check has been completed, you will receive an email from HR that will include the new hire paperwork you will need to complete, as well as for instructions on how to complete it. Upon completing the paperwork, you will need to provide original documents for the I-9 form. These are required to verify identity and show work eligibility. A full list of acceptable documents to complete the I-9 will be included in the email.
- Once you have your paperwork and original documents prepared, you will need to come to the HR Office, located in the Jones Building, Office 203. Please prepare for a 15 to 30-minute visit. Time will vary depending on new, partial, or completed paperwork and/or any corrections necessary.
- Once your new hire paperwork has been processed, you and your supervisor will receive an e-mail clearance for your new job. DO NOT WORK until your supervisor has received this clearance and you have agreed on a work schedule.
You will need several original documents to complete new hire paperwork before you start working.
- Photo ID such as: Passport, Driver’s License, School ID, or Military ID.
- Social Security Card – For Tax Reporting.
- Bank Information: Account and Routing Numbers. Direct deposit payments are required at EKU.
OTHER JOB OPTIONS?
- ON CAMPUS BOOKSTORE: 859-622-2696
- ARAMARK DINING: 859-622-2175
- Office of Academic and Career Services: 859-622-1296