How to Apply for Student Jobs
- Determine your funding eligibility. It will be either Federal, Institutional, or Both. You can do this by calling Financial Aid at 622-2361.
- Go to the EKU Online Job Site to begin searching. Click on the “Student & GA” button, above the images of campus. This will take you to the list of student jobs (you may need to scroll down).
- Browse available jobs. Click “View Details” to see more details.
- Apply online. Click the “Apply for this Job” button at the top of the page when you find something interesting. You will then be prompted to create a profile. Please answer all questions truthfully. The more jobs you apply for, the better your chances are. You must do this to be considered for a position and to be cleared to work.
- Ask questions. Any questions about specific jobs may be sent to the listed “Contact Person” on the job posting.
You Got the Job! What to do before you work?
- Wait for your supervisor to contact you. This will be your official job confirmation. Your supervisor will also provide you with an Authorization Form to bring to HR.
- Collect your original documents. These are required to verify identity and show work eligibility. HR needs to see the ORIGINALS. Full list of acceptable documents to complete the I9 is available at HR office.
Come to the Human Resources office with Authorization Form and original documents. Our office is located in the Jones Building in room 203. Be ready to stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Wait for final supervisor approval. Your supervisor will receive an e-mail once all of your paperwork has been processed. DO NOTWORK until your supervisor has received this clearance.
You will need several Original documents to complete new hire paperwork before you start working.
- Photo ID such as: Passport, Driver’s License, School ID, or Military ID.
- Social Security Card – For Tax Reporting.
- Bank Information: Account and Routing Numbers. Direct deposit payments are re-quired at EKU.
OTHER JOB OPTIONS?
- ON CAMPUS BOOKSTORE: 859-622-2696
- ARAMARK DINING: 859-622-2175
- CENTER FOR CAREER & CO-OP: 859-622-1296